By Sylvia Cranmer, Housing & Dining Services Communications
Now that Fall Break is behind us, it’s time to prepare for the end of the semester and Winter Break. This is a busy time of year for all of us – especially for students, who are preoccupied with finishing work for their classes, preparing for finals, and getting ready to leave campus. Here is some helpful information as students make plans to either stay or leave for Winter Break:
Winter Break On Campus Housing Information
Winter Break: Dec. 15 – Jan. 21.
If your student is planning to stay in the residence halls for all or part of the break, be sure they apply and sign-up by noon on Wednesday, Dec. 12 – information is available at this link: housing.colostate.edu/winterbreak.
Only Parmelee and Westfall halls will be open during Winter Break. Residents of these halls may stay in their current room over break if they sign up ahead of time. Residents of other halls may stay in limited available spaces in the open halls, by signing up in advance at myhousing.colostate.edu.
- For students who plan to stay in the halls between Dec. 15 – Jan. 11, the cost is $35 per day, which includes housing and $15 RamCash to purchase food at Durrell Express or other campus outlets.
- Students who need housing between Jan. 12 – 16 can request Early Check-inat a cost of $60 per day, which includes housing and three meals per day at Durrell Dining Center.
- If your student is not returning to the halls next semester, they must officially check-out before leaving for break. Check with the hall office regarding proper check-out procedures. Charges may be incurred for improper check-out if procedures are not followed.
- Residence halls close at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 15.
- For a checklist of what to do to prepare room for leaving, visit colostate.edu/winterbreak
- Meal swipes for on-campus residents will deactivate at 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 14 and reactivate at 7 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 17.
- The last full service dining center meal will be on Friday, Dec. 14 for lunch. Students may request a to-go container for a dinner meal by 2 p.m. at all dining centers or visit Durrell Express until 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 14.
- Winter break dining information – colostate.edu/dining/hours
- Dining centers will resume normal dinner hours on Sunday, Jan. 20 at 5 p.m.
Questions? Contact the hall front desk Community Desk Manager, Residence Director, or Assistant Residence Director. For more information: housing.colostate.edu/winterbreak or call the University Housing office, (970) 491-4719.
Had a good experience this year? Do it again!
As we wind up the semester, the student chatter around campus is beginning to focus on where to live next year. Staying on campus is one great option for returning students. The application is open – apply now! For more information about living on campus next year, visit housing.colostate.edu/LiveOn.