Hello International RamFam!
International spouses and families are a crucial part of the lives of many of our international students and scholars and how our CSU community takes care of you means a lot to us! International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) offers a wide range of supports for your family and your student focused on helping them navigate their legal requirements, find community at CSU, and bring meaning to their experience as a CSU Ram.
Resources for your International Student:
ISSS has a number of resources on their website, and we would like to break down some for our international families who want to know more. ISSS has Academic, Employment, Involvement, and Wellness resources that your student can refer to as the need arises. Those are broken down below:
- Academic Support Services: This includes resources for study skills, accessing the Writing Center for help with papers and assignments, TILT Tutoring and Learning Programs, how to find study groups, accessing U-Turn and more!
- Employment Support Services: This includes resources from the Career Center, the International Student Career Success Series, how to file taxes in the U.S., access to the CSU International LinkedIn community, and Student Employment Services.
- Wellness Resources: This includes resources for the CSU Health Network Counseling Center, medical services from the Health Network, Student Case Management, Resources for Disabled Students (RDS) and access to the Women and Gender Advocacy Center.
- Involvement Resources: Includes resources for RamLink (to find student organizations), Associated Students of CSU (ASCSU), Student Leadership Involvement and Community Engagement (SLICE), Adult Learner and Veteran Services (ALVS), and access to the diversity offices on campus in the Student Diversity Programming and Services area (SDPS).
Resources for International Families and Scholars
ISSS also has resources for families and CSU scholars in attendance, which includes building community around Fort Collins, how to find activities or clubs, and navigating your family’s health and wellness.
- Resources: This includes resources for how to bring one’s family to Fort Collins, legal help around immigrating, studying as a dependent, and more!
- Activities for Spouses and Families: This includes how to join a number of clubs including the International Friends Program, finding recreational activities on campus, and volunteer opportunities in the Fort Collins community.
- Health and Wellness: This includes health and safety information at CSU, understanding mental health, and how to find health services at CSU or in the Fort Collins community.
We hope this is a helpful resource for you and your family as you navigate the experience of being an international family within the CSU community. Parent and Family Programs is always here to help you navigate that process as well, and you can call us at 970-491-6680 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.